Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why, why, why!!

We have lived in this house for 5 years. For 5 years we have had to haul water from a water tower 5 miles away with our truck and water trailer. So last fall the county finally put in a water line near our house. Soooooo.......... yesterday we got our water meter in and the guy that set the meter was kind enough to leave his trencher so we could get it to the house. Yippie!! Things are falling in place!!!
Well....... last night Rob (my husband) got about 3/4 of the trench dug to the house. We watched the weather last night and TWO stations said no rain until afternoon the next day (today, Thursday). Well the alarm went off at 5 am and as I was just about ready to get out of bed I heard thunder!!! I quickly checked the radar and saw a small band of rain headed our way. Ok, I thought, it will be a quick little shower and everything will be fine. NO!!!! It has rained almost all day! The nice pretty trench is now filled with mud and water! Why! Why! Why! couldn't the rain have just held off for 12 hours!

I guess I should be happy that the water meter is set and ready to go.
Maybe next weekend.
Ok...everyone think no rain for us until after we get this done!

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment