Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weaving

Boy, has it been really nice the last couple of days. Highs in the 70's. The wind has been a little strong, but that makes the clothes on the line dry fast. Nothing like the smell of sheets and clothes that have dried out on the line!

With warmer and longer days it is becoming harder and harder to get any weaving done. I finally finished two rug and towel sets last night. I had them woven for a couple of weeks but I needed to sew the ends up. And I had been probably 20 plus years since I used a sewing machine so I need some practice. Good thing I had about twelve samples that I also needed to sew up. Made a bunch of mistakes on them!

These are two different sets. They each have on rug and two towels. They have the same warp threading but the rugs have differnet weft. I had a lot of fun with this project and still have one more on the loom! neither one of these will be for sale but I do plan on making some more that will be for sale. The maximium width I can do is 22 inches but the lenght can be unlimited. So if any one is interested in a set or just a rug or towel let me know. They are all cotton. Made with mop cotton and cotton flake yarn with a lot of color choices.

Have a wonderful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment