After reading many posts from different groups I started slowly..... well sort of.
I just sat there and threadled for about ten minutes, just getting the feel for it. Then I tied on some plain old acrylic yarn from Wal-Mart and spun until the bobbin was almost full. That really helped me adjust the tension so the yarn would take up. And I did not have to worry about what I was really doing with my hands.
Then the test came. I put a leader yarn on the bobbin and tried to spin some on my own. The hardest part was attaching the fleece to the yarn and stopping and adding more fleece. But all in all it was pretty smooth going. Little bumps here and there but it really looks like yarn!
Now I just need to get a couple more bobbins and plied yarn here I come.
I AM HOOKED!!