Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I am thankfully for my family, my good health, and my friends. I am thankful for being able to live the life I have, and I am thankful for all my cyber friends that I have met the last couple of years. Thank you all.

I would like to share with you the dressing recipe that I made to take to my in-laws. It is super easy and really good!

Crock-pot Dressing
2 cups chopped onion
2 cups chopped celery
1 can chopped mushrooms
1 cup butter
12 cups dry bread crumbs
2 eggs beaten
1 teaspoon poulty seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sage
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups chicken broth

When I chopped the onions and celery I used a Universal Grinder and it worked so much faster than cutting!


Universal Grinder set up and ready to go


Celery chopped




celery and onion chopped
 So once you have onions and celery chopped:
Saute onion celery, and mushrooms in butter in skillet. Pour over bread crumbs in large bowl and mix well.
Add eggs and seasonings and mix well.
Stir in enough broth to moisten. Spoon loosely into Crock-pot. Cook on High for 45 minutes then turn to low and cook for 4-8 hours. Add more broth as needed.

Sorry I forgot to get pictures of it in the crock-pot. But it tasted wonderful!!

Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful rest of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment