Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LOOK!! I made soap!!

I have been taking an on-line workshop on how to make goat milk soap! It was a very interesting class! So finally I had all the ingredients and the time to make some.

The above picture is all the ingredients except lye, water and goat milk.
The next picture is after I added all the oils to the lye mixture. And I am waiting for it to thicken a little.

And finally once  it started to thicken just slightly I added the goat milk and the fragrance. The fragrance in Honey and Almond. WOW!! Does my house smell gooooood now!
This last picture is after I poured it into the mold. It has to stay in here until it is becomes pretty hard. Then I will take it out and cut it into pieces and then let it cure for about 6 weeks. It can be used right away but if you let it cure than the bars will be harder and last longer.
I'm not sure I will be able to wait that long!!

It almost looks good enough to eat!

Ok.... so my next project is making cheese!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I want to make soap too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is soooo much FUN! Can't wait to try some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wouldn't have expected so many different oils in one soap! Cool! One of these days I'll make it over to your place, and then I might snag one of these little bathing beauties.

    ReplyDelete