Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mohair fleece and batts

Finally have been able to get some fleeces skirted. But I think I am too picky! It took me forever to get two fleeces done. But I am hoping that the more I do the better I get at it. The two pictures above are from Matilda, a black angora doe. She has pretty soft fleece for being five years old. The two pictures below are from Cedar. Her fleece is a little straighter than Matilda's. But hers is also very soft and she is 7 years old!


This last picture is of some mohair that I drum carded into batts. The drum carders is borrowed, but I really wish I had one! From the batts spinning goes pretty easy, well that is what I am told! I have done very little spinning myself and most of that has been with a drop spindle.


Have a wonderful evening!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marie :) Beautiful fleece! Looks like you've sure got the hang of carding!

    Hey, I'll be leaving a response on my blog to your question about the website (i used yahoo), but I'll put a little more info on my blog comment screen. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mohair fleeces are lovely, and it's nice that you've taken the time to record your experience with them. Mohair and Icelandic is a really nice blend for drumcarding.

    ReplyDelete