Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Crazy weather!

Well, if you have ever lived in Kansas you know the extremes we get. This year is no exception! The middle of June was hot, humid and little rain. The pastures where drying up. The poor sheep and goats where panting well into evening. And Max, my grey arabian gelding, was wet with sweat just stand there. He should live in the desert, all that sweat would keep him cool. But here in Kansas it just makes him miserable!

Finely, last week we had a break from the middle 90's and heat indexes in the 100's. It was low 80's with low humidity. What a wonderful break! I even opened the windows a couple nights and let the fresh cool air in!

Now, we have rain. Lots and lots of rain! To the point of flooding in some areas. Atleast the pastures are getting a chance to recover before the next hot and humid weather hits.

One thing that has really liked all this wierd weather are the daylilies! They are just beautiful this year!



Now, if you ask the dogs how the weather has been they will say it has been perfect swimming weather. Ok....Ok..... Soaking weather. Hailey does everything the 'big' dogs do, and since Sammie does not swim I don't think Hailey will be a swimmer either.


So I am hoping now that the cooler weather will stick around for atleast another week. Since this weekend we are going to pick up my Icelandic sheep from Red Brick Road Farm ! Finally the day is at hand! I can't wait to meet Terri and the sheep in person! So I need the weather to cooperate and stay cool for a little long so my new sheepies can settle in with out the heat and humidity right of the bat. So everyone cross their fingers for me! :)

Have a wonderful week!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are looking forward to your visit! Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete