Sunday, October 3, 2010

Where did September go?

WOW! I can't believe it is October already. Boy, am I glad. The weather has been absolutely perfect the last couple of weeks.

I have been busy rotating the sheep and goats every 2-3 days onto new pastures. And I think it has payed off. The last 3 times I have checked their eyelids every single animal had bright red eyelids. Here are a couple of the Icelandic sheep enjoying the pastures. It is so hard to get good pictures of everyone! They all want to be right in front of the camera!





And good grass is not the only things that have been grown well on our property. I don't know what kind of mushrooms these are but they are huge!

And over Labor Day weekend we planted ten acres of pasture in Orchard grass, Timothy, Ladino Clover, and Korean Lespedsia. This picture was taken just three weeks after it was planted. Unfortunately, since this picture was taken it has not rained at all and now I am very worried all the new seedlings have died. I am not going to 'recheck' this pasture until spring (well, I am going to try to not 'recheck'). I am hoping that the seedling have just gone dormant until the conditions are ideal to start growing again.



Have a wonderful week and hopefully it won't be over a month before I post again!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment