Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

I am so glad it is the slow time of winter. If it was nice weather out I would be just crazy busy. As it is there is always something to do. It all keeps my mind good, well.... atleast that is the hope. :)

Last Sunday I spent all day inside washing more mohair. And I still have more to wash!! I wish the weather was a little warmer so I could take some pictures of it outside, but 11 degrees as a high is just to cold to be fussing with fiber outside. So only a picture from inside.
I just love feeling washed mohair. It is sooo soft!!



The beginnigs of my knitted mittens! They are made with a strand of wool and a strand of acrylic. So the best of both worlds. Warm and washable. (but no dryer please)




Then I have totally challenged myself to make these socks. They are part of a knit along that I saw on one of my yahoo groups. It really is cool. Every week you get part of the pattern. At the end of the month you have a finished project! These are socks made from the toe up. If you want to join the knit along go here to find out more information. Oh, and it is free! They are having great prizes and it lasts for six months. So six projects.  And the best part are the wonderful patterns! This is the first one, but I think it is soooo cool!


Ok, I have one more project I am working on, but will have to share pictures later in the month.

Hope everyone is staying warm!

2 comments:

  1. I am also doing the KAL. Her directions with videos is wonderful. I wish they would have had videos earlier in my life, except that maybe I would be more behind than I already am from all the interests I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I am learning so much from the KAL. The fingerless gloves are going to look really neat I think. I have the cuffs finished and am waiting for the next set of instructions. How did your socks turn out? Mine are too big for me but I am wearing them anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete