Sunday, March 4, 2012

Knitting with different colors

As some of you know I have been doing the KAL (knit-a-long) at Knit Purl Hunter . Well, the month of February was called Disappearing Act. I was so excited when I say that it was going to be knitting with two colors at the same time!! I had been eyeing (and even bought the pattern) this beautiful blanket and this very cute hat! But I had no idea how to go about knitting either one. So when Michelle's KAL taught the beginnings of color work I was thrilled! I now feel confident that I will be able to knit both the hat and the blanket (someday)

So here are the socks I made for this KAL. They not only introduced me to color work, but also a heel that I had never even heard of! It is call an Afterthought Heel and it is done after the sock is finished. It looks MUCH harder than it really is. In the picture you can see my finished sock and the other sock with out the heel done.

See that purple yarn? Well, that is where the heel goes. Basically you insert your knitting needles into the row above and below that yarn and then pull the yarn out. Michelle at Knit Purl Hunter has incredibly good videos that goes through each step.


Going to finish the second sock this week! (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment