Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 Spring Shetland fleeces

 Here are the Shetland 2011 spring fleeces I will have for sale. I do not coat my Shetlands, but all of these fleeces have never little VM (vegetable matter) in them. I you are interested in any of the fleeces, please contact me at the email address  on the left hand side of this blog. To look closer at any of these fleeces you can click on the picture to make it bigger.

 This is Ellen's fleece, a 3 year old Shetland ewe. With a staple length 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 inches long. Nice crimp. 25.1 ounces


This is Merry's fleece, a 2 year old Shetland wether. Staple length 3 to 4 inch long. Nice crimp. 37.3 ounces


This is Sam's fleece, a 2 year old Shetland wether. Staple length of 3 1/2 to 4 inch staple length. Lots of crimp. 33 ounces 


This is Pippin's fleece, a 2 year old shetland wether. The staple lenght is 3 to 3 1/2 inches long. It has some incredible crimp to it. A very nice fleece. 28.6 ounces



These fleece are from my three Shetlands that where born last spring. I had them sheared last fall  and got beautiful fleeces off all three. This is there spring shearing so it is only 1/2 to 1 inch in length so it will only be suitable for felting. It has hardly any VM. If it doesn't sell I already have plans for it. 29.9 ounces.


This is Kate's fleece, a 4 year old Shetland ewe. I also had her sheared last fall because I really wanted to work with her beautiful black fleece with the silver highlights. So her spring fleece is very short and only suitable for felting. The staple length is 1 to 1/2 inches in length. 13.7 ounces.
I will not have any Icelandic or Mohair available this spring, I am doing some different projects with both so want to make sure I have enough of both to finish the projects.

Thanks for looking at my fleeces. If you have any questions please let me know.
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment