Tuesday, April 19, 2011

KAL (knit along) projects

I have learned SO much in the last couple of months about knitting! And it has become my evening 'wind down' The KAL started in January with a pair of toe-up socks. Click here to see the first sock.


This was the February project, a pair of fingerless gloves (fingerless mittens really). They are incredibly warm! And I just love the pattern on them. They were so easy! I think I will send off some of my shetland and mohair and have it made into yarn that I can make some more of theses for next winter. And maybe go ahead and make it a fill mitten. 

March's project was call 'Stripes Alive'. Well, I did not really get stripes but some interesting 'pooling' instead. I also did not make an effort to try and make them match, but I think they are very colorful! I also tried, for the first time, to use a circular needle to knit them using the 'Magic Loom Method'. I was amazed at how simple it was to use this method! And since the pattern has a 'wave' in it it was very easy to make the two socks the same lenght! (unlike the first pair).



April's project is also a striped sock, but the strips are a little bigger and I took the time to make them close to matching. I also tried 'Two at a Time' using the 'Magic Loom Method' and I just can't believe I am really doing it!! I will finish the two socks at the same time and they will be the same size!! It really was not as hard as I thought it would be. Still have a long way to go on these.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you tried (and liked) the Magic Loop method; it's the only way that makes sense to me. LOVE the colors in that last pair of socks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle. I won't make another pair on double points again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fabulous Marie! You are really getting good. I've put my knitting away for the spring and turned my focus to gardening and training the dog. :) I'll be back at it in the fall though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice Marie! My knitting is just not up to par with yours! Maybe some day I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete